An increasing number of employers are taking action to improve employees’ financial wellbeing. Here at Blues and Twos Credit Union we are passionate about improving the financial well-being of all our members and we are looking to extend the service and benefits to employers eligible to join across Lancashire and Cumbria.
Recognising the many different aspects of wellbeing, from leadership & culture, through to physical, mental and financial wellbeing. Outstanding employers have woken up to the effect that employees’ financial concerns can have on their broader wellbeing and ability to perform at work. The link between money and mental health can result in everything from financially stressed employees losing sleep at night, to more serious long-term mental health issues. Employers benefit from well-designed financial wellbeing already offered by this well-established credit union to help workers who are worried about money and are unlikely to perform at their best.
Establishing how best to support your employees isn’t always easy and can be challenging.
With help from Blues and Twos you can:
- show & offer support to your employees
- Get involved & help individuals with their personal finances
- work towards better employee financial wellbeing to help achieve your broader business goals
- link financial wellbeing to other areas of workplace wellbeing
A clear inclusive financial wellbeing strategy need not be complicated for the employer. Blues and Twos Credit Union have been encouraging members to SAVE for over 28 years, BORROWING only what they need at competitive APR rates, helping the employer go beyond the ‘lip service’ of standalone financial benefits and take a joined-up approach, making financial wellbeing part of a wider workplace wellbeing programme.
All helping the employee…
- Take control – explore financial education and take control of their finances.
- Get into a savings habit – enabled employees to see how small changes in their day-to-day spending could add up to a significant pot of savings over time.
- Cope with the unexpected – help employees to focus on being able to resolve a financial crisis and be positive towards unexpected emergency expense.
As more employers begin financial wellbeing journeys and others evolve using learnings from earlier experiences, this area of wellbeing is growing fast. While there is still resistance from some employers who see employees’ personal finances as none of their business, there is now far greater understanding that a productive workplace culture is intrinsically linked to all aspects of wellbeing. “Financial wellbeing has a major part to play in us all achieving our goals”
For more information on the FREE salary deduction Saving and Borrowing service and to hear more about the benefits we offer to your employees please contact Victoria Harrison, Blues and Twos Credit Union – firstname.lastname@example.org