Eligibility for Membership & How to Join
Check you are eligible to join, then click on one of the two Membership Form options (online or download) and apply today.
For details on the benefits of joining Blues and Twos Credit Union Lancashire and the services we offer, please see our Membership Benefits page.
You may also like to read members feedback given on the Testimonials page.
To become a member of the Blues and Twos Credit Union you must fall within our “Common Bond” Qualifications 1, 2, or 3.
If you are unsure call our Member Services Team 01772618833
1) An individual who follows the occupation of:
- a police officer (sergeant and below)
- a fire service officer (watch manager and below)
- an ambulance technician/paramedic
- a civilian support officer in the police, fire and rescue or ambulance service
- a senior officer within the police, fire and rescue ambulance service
- a teaching and education professional
- a police and community support officer
- a health professional
- a clerical, administrative, catering, domestic or professional support officer, to the individuals in (1-9) above,
In Lancashire or Cumbria.
2) Be an employee, or retired member previously employed by, one of the following in Lancashire or Cumbria:
- Police, Fire or Ambulance Service
- Lancashire County Council
- Cumbria County Council
- Allerdale Borough Council
- Barrow-in-Furness Borough Council
- Blackburn & Darwen Unitary Authority
- Blackpool Unitary Authority
- Burnley Borough Council
- Carlisle City Council
- Chorley Borough Council
- Copeland Borough Council
- Eden District Council
- Fylde Borough Council
- Hyndburn Borough Council
- Edge Hill University
- Runshaw College
- Euxton Hall Hospital
- Fulwood Hall Hospital
- Highgrove Clinic, Carlisle
- University of Cumbria
- Local Pension Partnership
- Lancaster University
- Renacres Hospital
- BMI Healthcare
- The Cumbrian Clinic, Whitehaven
- Lancaster City Council
- Pendle Borough Council
- Preston City Council
- Ribble Valley Borough Council
- Rossendale Borough Council
- South Lakeland District Council
- South Ribble Borough Council
- West Lancashire Borough Council
- Wyre Borough Council
- National Crime Agency
- Home Office
- Ministry of Justice
- Police Federation
- Office for the Police & Crime Commissioner for Lancashire or Cumbria
- Blues & Twos Credit Union
- National Offender Management Service
- British Nuclear Fuels Limited
- University of Central Lancashire
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust
- North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Lancashire Enterprise Partnership
In Lancashire or Cumbria.
3) An individual who is a member of one or more of the following:
4) An individual who is employed by the employers providing services by way of contract to the employers in 2 a) above, in Lancashire or Cumbria.
- c) a body corporate, an individual in his/her capacity as a partner in a partnership, an individual in his/her capacity as an officer or a member of the governing body of an unincorporated association, if the body corporate, partnership or unincorporated association:
- – are the above employers or
- provides social and welfare services to the above employers.
5) An individual who is associated with other members through:
- Receiving a pension as a result of following the occupations in rule 7(1); or
- Receiving a pension from the employers in rule 7(2)a.
6) An individual who is a member of the same household as, and is a relative of an individual who is a member of the credit union and falls directly within the common bonds specified above. Once you have joined close family members living at your address may also apply to join.
How to Join
Complete our Online Membership Application Form, in which you have the right to cancel your account within 14 days under the Distance Marketing Directive. We will undertake necessary identification checks to verify your application, as part of the law. If you are unable to do this electronically, you can provide alternative identification. There is no charge for this service.
Download the Membership Application Form, enclose your relevant identification documents (see below) and post to the credit union office. If you prefer not to supply your original identification documents, you can elect to have your details verified by electronic means. Please indicate this on the form. There is no charge for this service. We ask that you read our Privacy Notice so you are aware of the work we do to protect your data.
If you are a Politically Exposed Person (PEP) please confirm this on your joining form. You may wish to check by downloading the Politically Exposed Person self-declaration form which gives more information on PEP’s
In common with all other financial organisations we are obliged to obtain information to confirm your identity. We can obtain Identification Verification electronically or you can supply documentary evidence of your full name, permanent residential address and date of birth.
If you do not wish for us to obtain Identification Verification electronically please provide one original document from each section. Documents provided must be originals.
Evidence of Full name/date of birth
Current UK Passport Current UK Driving Licence
Current Shotgun or Firearms certificate
Recent evidence of entitlement to state or local authority benefit or tax credit
Evidence of Full name/Residential Address
Current Council Tax or Water Rate demand letter
Recent utility bill(gas/electric) but not those printed from the Internet
Recent statements – bank, building society, credit card etc.
Other – council rent card, tenancy agreement
If you are unsure about which ones to use, contact the office on 01772 618833 and speak to a member of our team.
Is my money safe with you?
Important information about compensation arrangements
YES – Like the banks and building societies, we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a credit union is unable to meet its financial obligations. The deposit protection limit is £85,000. If your bank, building society or credit union fails, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protects your eligible deposits up to the deposit protection limit. For further information about the scheme (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim) please call us on 01772 618833 or ask at your local Blues & Twos Credit Union office, refer to the FSCS website www.fscs.org.uk or call 0800 678 1100. Click to Download FSCS Coverage Information (3836.3kb)
Important Notice – Leaving your employment?
If you are leaving your employment you need to let us know. Our member services team will help organise your future contributions. We have arrangements in place with employment pension providers or if you are not retiring just yet we can arrange an alternative method for you.
We want you to be clear on how easy it is to continue your Blues and Twos account. After all we have been here for you for years.
Keeping your Blues & Twos account open could be a real life saver later on. There are times when you should leave some things as they are, just whilst you sort out more pressing issues. We can reduce your monthly saving to £10, you can always increase what you save at a later date.
Eligibility for Membership
Please see our Membership page to check your eligibility to join.
Once you have joined, close family members living at your address may also qualify.Membership Page >