A credit union working for you not for profit

Blues & Twos Memberships

Don’t carry your debt into 2022, clear these high interest cards & your overdraft. Save as you borrow with us.


Eligibility for Memberships and How to Join

Check you are eligible to join, then click on one of the two Membership Form options (online or download) and apply today.

For details on the benefits of joining Blues and Twos Credit Union and the services we offer, please see our Membership Benefits page.

You may also like to read members feedback given on the Testimonials page.


Blues & Twos Credit Union

To become a member of Blues & Twos Credit Union you must work within our common bond.

Applying online is really easy select one option from the list below, that best describes your employment/employer/eligibility to join. You must be employed in the North West of England OR be retired from same OR be living with a current member to be eligible.

Blues & Twos Credit Union

How to Join

Complete our Online Membership Application Form, in which you have the right to cancel your account within 14 days under the Distance Marketing Directive. We will undertake necessary identification checks to verify your application, as part of the law. If you are unable to do this electronically, you can provide alternative identification. There is no charge for this service.


Download the Membership Application Form, enclose your relevant identification documents (see below) and post to the credit union office. If you prefer not to supply your original identification documents, you can elect to have your details verified by electronic means. Please indicate this on the form. There is no charge for this service. We ask that you read our Privacy Notice so you are aware of the work we do to protect your data. If you are a Politically Exposed Person (PEP) please confirm this on your joining form. You may wish to check by downloading the Politically Exposed Person self-declaration form which gives more information on PEP’s

Your Savings are safe with a Credit Union

Is my money safe with you?

In common with all other financial organisations we are obliged to obtain information to confirm your identity. We can obtain Identification Verification electronically or you can supply documentary evidence of your full name, permanent residential address and date of birth.

If you do not wish for us to obtain Identification Verification electronically please provide one original document from each section. Documents provided must be originals.

Evidence of Full name/date of birth
Current UK Passport Current UK Driving Licence
Current Shotgun or Firearms certificate
Recent evidence of entitlement to state or local authority benefit or tax credit

Evidence of Full name/Residential Address
Current Council Tax or Water Rate demand letter Recent utility bill(gas/electric) but not those printed from the Internet
Recent statements – bank, building society, credit card etc. Other – council rent card, tenancy agreement

If you are unsure about which ones to use, contact the office on 01772 618833 and speak to a member of our team.

Can't See Your Employer?

Click Here

Security of Blues & Twos

Is my money safe with you?

Important information about compensation arrangements

YES – Like the banks and building societies, we are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a credit union is unable to meet its financial obligations.

The deposit protection limit is £85,000. If your bank, building society or credit union fails, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) protects your eligible deposits up to the deposit protection limit. For further information about the scheme (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim) please call us on 01772 618833 or ask at your local Blues & Twos Credit Union office, refer to the FSCS website www.fscs.org.uk or call 0800 678 1100. Click to Download FSCS Coverage Information (3836.3kb).

Can't See Your Employer?

Click Here

Leaving Your Employment

Important Notice leaving your employment

If you are leaving your employment you need to let us know. Our member services team will help organise your future contributions. We have arrangements in place with employment pension providers or if you are not retiring just yet we can arrange an alternative method for you.

We want you to be clear on how easy it is to continue your Blues and Twos account. After all we have been here for you for years.

Keeping your Blues & Twos account open could be a real life saver later on. There are times when you should leave some things as they are, just whilst you sort out more pressing issues. We can reduce your monthly saving to £10, you can always increase what you save at a later date.

Can't See Your Employer?

Click Here