The benefits of saving money regularly
When you join Blues and Twos you are opening a Regular Saver account. Committing yourself to a regular savings plan helps you work towards financial goals and gives you peace of mind should an emergency arise. We make this even easier with deductions direct from your salary or pension (if we do not have arrangements in place with your employer we can organise savings by standing order). Small amounts to your credit union savings account soon add up! and when you need your savings we will send them direct to your bank account or load to a prepaid card.
You can save from the minimum of £10 each month up to a monthly maximum of £750. You may have up to a maximum of £20,000 in total with the credit union.
Credit Union Savings Benefits, checking my account, withdrawing my funds..
The other benefits of saving money with the Blues and Twos Credit Union are-
- Automatic Free life cover on your savings up to the age of 75 years
- No set-up fees or hidden charges on any transactions
- Competitive credit union savings rates
- Annual dividend paid on savings, gross of income tax
- As a credit union Regular Saver you have access to a range of loans at competitive rates
- Loans – No set-up fees / No early redemption penalties
- Access to your account balances 24/7 – Register here
- Access to online request forms 24/7 – Register here
- Complete a bank transfer form ready for when you need your funds transferring
- Keep your savings going whilst borrowing; it is often easier to repay a loan than to save
- You can use any savings to repay a B&T loan early without penalty
Once you have become a member, you can open a Junior Saver account for the younger children in your life who share your home. On attaining the age of 16 years, they may become full members of the credit union, providing a regular monthly contribution of no less than £10 is made to their credit union savings account.
Is my money safe with you?
Important information about compensation arrangements
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a credit union is unable to meet its financial obligations. Most depositors – including most individuals and small businesses – are covered by the scheme.
In respect of deposits, an eligible depositor is entitled to claim up to £85,000. For joint accounts each account holder is treated as having a claim in respect of their share so, for a joint account held by two eligible depositors, the maximum amount that could be claimed would be £85,000 each (making a total of £170,000). The £85,000 limit relates to the combined amount in all the eligible depositor’s accounts with the credit union, including their share of any joint account, and not to each separate account.
For further information about the scheme (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim) please call us on 01772 618833 or ask at your local Blues & Twos Credit Union office, refer to the FSCS website www.fscs.org.uk or call 0800 678 1100. FSCS – A guide to how the FSCS protects your Money (933.9kb)
Eligibility for Membership
Please see our Membership page to check your eligibility to join.
Once you have joined, close family members living at your address may also qualify.Membership Page >